Nuclear Engineering Organizations
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
- U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Collects, analyzes, and disseminates independent and impartial energy information to promote sound policymaking, efficient markets, and public understanding of energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Created by Congress to ensure the safe use of radioactive materials for beneficial civilian purposes while protecting people and the environment.
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- A United Nations organization to promote cooperation between member states to promote safe, secure, and peaceful use of nuclear technologies.
- Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA)
- Intergovernmental organization of industrialized countries based in Paris, France. Develops scientific, technological and legal bases required for a safe, environmentally friendly and economical use of nuclear energy.
- American Nuclear Society (ANS)
- Non-profit, international, scientific and educational organization that unifies professional activities within the various fields of nuclear science and technology.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society (NPSS)
- Covers the fields of Fusion Technolgy,Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences, Particle Accelerator Science and Technology, Pulsed Power Systems, Radiation Effects, Radiation Instrumentation, Plasma Sciences and Applications, Standards for Nuclear Instruments and Detectors, and Computer Applications in Nuclear and Plasma Sciences.
- Institute of Nuclear Materials Management (INMM)
- Promotes the highest levels of safety and reliability in the operation of commercial nuclear power plants
- Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI)
- UK membership organization maintains standards of professionalism in the nuclear sector and provides education and training of nuclear professionals.
- World Nuclear Association (WNA)
- International organization that promotes nuclear energy and encompasses virtually all world uranium mining, conversion, enrichment and fuel fabrication; all reactor vendors; major nuclear engineering, construction, and waste management companies; and the majority of world nuclear generation.
NC State American Nuclear Society (ANS) – Student Chapter
NC State Nuclear Engineering Graduate Student Association
NC State Women in Nuclear (WIN) – Student Chapter