We, here at NC State Nuclear Engineering, have a long tradition of firsts and contemporary contributions –
- The 1st university to have a nuclear engineering curriculum and a non-governmental research reactor.
- We are the highest ranked engineering department, and the US News & World Report ranks our graduate program 3rd in the nation.
- And since they do not rank undergraduate programs, but faculty and facilities are shared, consider the undergraduate program top ranked.
Twenty-four tenure/tenure-track faculty members guide the teaching and research in the department. Our breadth and depth of subject matter include,
- reactor systems engineering
- radiation interactions & detection
- plasma science and engineering,
nuclear fuel & materials
As well as crosscutting/application areas in
- modeling & simulation
- nuclear waste management
- nuclear security and non-proliferation
- nuclear reactor program
- health physics
On behalf of current students, staff, and faculty, welcome to NC State Nuclear, your future academic home for a bachelor, master and/or doctoral degree!
- 2020-21 Nuclear Engineering Fact Sheet
- Cutting edge research work
- Connect With Us: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Take a virtual tour of the State, city, campus & department (reactor, simulation, materials & plasma labs)
Lisa Marshall, Director of Outreach, Retention & Engagement