The US News & World Report published their annual rankings of best colleges. By discipline, NC State’s Nuclear Engineering Graduate Program is now #3, up from #4 in 2018.
Continuing a tradition of excellence, the department has 19 tenured and tenure-track faculty members and conducts research in:
- Nuclear power design & safety analysis
- Nuclear security & nonproliferation
- Plasma science & engineering
- Nuclear materials, waste forms & storage
- Nuclear computational science
- Radiation science & engineering
Searches are underway for two additional faculty members.
The 2018-19 graduate and undergraduate student populations are 111 & 130 respectively. And most recently the U.S. Department of Energy recognized NC State’s Nuclear Engineering students with 8 scholarships and 3 fellowships through the Integrated University Program.
Visit www.ne.ncsu.edu for details on innovative research, cutting-edge curricula, other exciting news and upcoming events.