On a recent visit to Idaho National Laboratory (INL), 7 alums (6 from nuclear engineering) and a current INL Graduate Fellow had lunch with Dr. Martin-Vega (Engineering Dean), Dr. Ivanov (Department Head), Dr. Azmy (INL National University Consortium [NUC] director), Ms. Marshall (Director of Outreach) and Mrs. Martin-Vega. It was an opportunity to converse with alumni who graduated as early as 2005. They heard of their accomplishments since graduating and life in Idaho Falls. The dean and others spoke to recent occurrences in the college and department; welcoming alum back for a visit especially during Homecoming Week.
- Dr. Kostadin Ivanov, Nuclear Engineering Department Head
- Mr. Casey Icenhour, current PhD student & INL Graduate Fellow (adviser: Dr. Shannon)
- Dr. Ross Hayes (adviser: Dr. Turinsky)
- Dr. Jason Harp (adviser: Dr. Hawari)
- Dr. Congjian Wang (adviser: Dr. Abdel Khalik, now at Purdue University)
- Dr. James Gibb, INL
- Mrs. Martin-Vega
- Mr. Jason Andrus (adviser: Dr. Turinsky)
- Dr. Martin-Vega, College of Engineering Dean
- Dr. Sebastian Schunert (co-advisers: Dr. Azmy & UC-Berkeley’s Dr. Slaybaugh)
- Dr. Yousry Azmy, Professor & INL NUC
- Dr. Hikaru Hiruta (adviser: Dr. Anistratov)
- Ms. Lisa Marshall, Nuclear Engineering Director of Outreach (2nd picture)
INL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy’s complex of national laboratories. The laboratory performs work in each of the strategic goal areas of DOE: energy, national security, science and environment and is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research and development.